Top interior design trends for Fall 2016
What’s hot in home decor this season? Here are a few trends that can take your home from ordinary to something remarkable.
- Mix and match. Don’t be afraid to take risks in mixing and matching style and design genres. For example, you might consider merging rustic with contemporary. Don’t be afraid to bend the rules a bit!
- Embrace statement pieces. That vintage trunk you found at the flea market? Make it the centerpiece of your room.
- Infuse your passions into a room. Do you have a collection of old typewriters? How about vintage clocks? Show off your finds in a dedicated space. Bonus: They can make great conversation pieces!
- Form meets function. Throws and pillows are hot this season. Not only are they trendy, but they’re cozy, too.
- Plaid makes a comeback. Yes, the early 90s are calling. From comforters to couches, plaid is having a moment.
- Brass is bling. Instead of silver metals, designers are choosing brass in the kitchen or bathroom. It’s so much warmer and oozes charm.
- Art leads the design. Instead of planning a room’s design then adding art, consider starting with the art first. An enticing piece can be a showstopper.
Above all, make sure the space fits your lifestyle and tastes. Just because something is trendy doesn’t mean it’s ideal for your abode. Have fun and don’t be afraid to experiment.