September 22 marked the official start of fall, and we couldn’t be happier. We love fall and everything that it has to offer… don’t you?
Why not unplug this weekend and enjoy a family outing in the Great Outdoors? Here are a few ideas:
- Go on a drive and take in the beautiful foliage.
- Cook dinner outdoors while it’s still mild. Think hot dogs and s’mores. Find some fun recipes on Pinterest.
- Make impression art with different textured leaves. Kids will love this hands-on project!
- Go to a local football game.
- Sit on the porch and watch the sun come up (coffee optional!).
- Go on a night hike and study the constellations. Pro tip: The next full moon is Oct. 16, so that’s sure to be a delight.
- Visit an orchard or pumpkin patch. Bonus: Enjoy a hayride if they offer it.
- Make caramel apples.
- Attend a fall festival.
- Make your Halloween costumes.
- Do a 5k walk/run race as a family.
- Bake a pie.
- Have a family portrait taken. The fall is the perfect time to take Christmas card photos!
These are just a few ideas. Whatever you do, all that matters is that you do it as a family. What’s your favorite family fall activity? Share your comments on our Facebook Page.