Can a Candle Soothe a Headache?
It’s been a long and stressful week, and the tension is creeping up from your shoulders to your neck and head. By the time you make it home, you’re miserable with a headache.
Most adults will experience a headache from time to time, with the most common being a tension headache. Tension builds up due to stress and heightened emotions, which will cause the contraction of the muscles on your face, neck, and scalp. What can you do to get rid of the pain?
When you’re in the midst of a tension headache it may be hard, but it’s most important to R-E-L-A-X. What’s a better way to relax than setting the mood and lighting a candle? While candles can’t cure chronic headaches, it can help you to unwind and unclench after a long day.
Light one of these candles and relax:
- Blackberry Sage – Perfect blend of sun-ripened blackberries tempered with hints of sage
- Cinnamon Bun – Fresh-baked dough loaded with cinnamon and sugar topped with a sweet glaze
- Eucalyptus – Fresh picked eucalyptus leaves with a hint of cool fresh air and earth woods
- Lavender – Soothing and calming scent of blooming fields of English lavender
- Lavender & Vanilla – Two summer favorites blended to create a refreshing, clean scent
- Lemongrass Sage – Crisp lemongrass, gently blended with the herbal essence of sage
- Rain Drops – Fresh floral fragrance as drops of rain land on a field of jasmine with a hint of grass
- Spiced Clove – Invigorating aroma of freshly ground clove buds
Lighting a candle will undoubtedly set the mood, but be sure to employ other techniques to relax fully. Turn down the lights, prepare a bath or shower, lie on a heating pad, use a cold pack, stay hydrated, or give yourself a scalp massage.